The HDL Debugger: Debugging VHDL and Verilog codes
Debugging HDL programs is especially hard because of the concurrent processes in these languages.
A great feature in TINA is that the HDL debugger is now integrated. You can:
- Execute VHDL and Verilog codes statement-by-statement (Step)
- Execute subprograms as a single statement (Step Over)
- Add breakpoints (Toggle Breakpoint), running continuously (Start) and stopping at the breakpoints.
- Place variables, signals and other objects under the Watches tab and see their value during debugging.
- View all breakpoints and objects under the Breakpoints and Locals tabs at the bottom of the HDL debugger window.
List of Breakpoints in the debugger